8.09.2017

What I Wore Wednesday

Hello Lovelies!

Welcome to another edition of What I Wore Wednesday!

My body type is what is known as a Rectangle.  Basically, that means that I don't have much - if any -  curve to my shape.  My chest, waist and hip measurements are all within a couple of inches of each other...and I have long legs but am very short-waisted.  

So basically, I want to avoid anything that sits at my natural waist.  Because when I wear something like that, I basically look like Steve Urkell.  (I hope that reference isn't lost on anyone).  So you know this new high-waisted trend that's coming back in?  NOT a good look for me.  I will definitely not be embracing that look.

Empire waists are amazing on us rectangles, however.  And that is basically what I chose to wear this week..


Let's start off with last week's Sunday Best...

This dress is basically an empire waist.  For those of us who are rectangles, this is a very flattering look because our rib cages are usually quite narrow and the swing of fabric as it moves out from the higher waistline gives the illusion of some curve.

Dress:  Old Navy (Last Season), Shoes:  Target






This top is oversized, but the pin tucking at the neckline has the same effect as an empire waist causing the fabric to flair out just below the pin tucks and giving the illusion of some curve.

Top:  Gap Factory Outlet,  Monogram Bracelet:  GroopDealz,  Jeans:  Old Navy



Have a great day!

xoxo
Wendy

         

0 comments: